Buzz goes my Whatsapp. And there’s my first spam message via Whatsapp. Omg.
There’s many ways to get leads the right way. And develop new business the right way too.
So, please don’t fall into the trap of ‘the easy way out’. Buying a list and spamming people.
It’s bad karma, it’s bad doo-doo, it’s just bad.
Photo credit: Christa Richert
Here’s what you can do:
- Get permission for people to opt-in to receive your emails, sms, updates.
- Network, get to know people and send a quick note after your meeting to follow up nicely. (then, not spam them)
- Deliver great service to existing customers and remember to include asking for referrals as a work-habit.
- Get back in touch with 5 customers or prospects daily. With time, you will have your calendar booked with appointments. Use this tool to help you.
- Treat your existing customers like gold because they are. Retain them, yes?
- Build relationship, yes, it takes some time, but the results are long lasting.